Based in Turku, Finland
Press / Business Contact:
Yliopistonkatu 29b A
DescriptionRival Games is an independent game developer in Turku, Finland comprised of passionate and talented individuals with a diverse international background. Our core, cross-disciplined team is developing new innovation in interactive storytelling, and we are currently at work on various commercial projects.
HistoryFirst Franchise The Detail
The Detail is a new adventure game from Rival Games that takes the player to the streets of a crime-ridden city and into the shoes of Reginald "Reggie" Moore, a veteran detective grown frustrated with the lack of justice, and Joseph "Joe" Miller, a former confidential informant now dragged back into the life of crime he barely escaped. The player will need to investigate criminal activity, scenes of murder, arrest suspects and interrogate them for information, all while trying to navigate the pitfalls of an underworld where every choice holds consequences. Inspired by classic adventure games from Westwood and LucasArts and new series from Telltale Games, combining HBO's cop drama The Wire and with hand-drawn graphic novel art driven by the Unity engine, The Detail promises to raise the bar for dramatic interactive narrative. The story began on PC, Mac and Linux in 2014 and on iOS in 2015.Features
The Detail Launch Trailer (Episode 1) YouTube
The Detail Episode 2 - From the Ashes - Launch Trailer YouTube
The Detail Episode 3 - Devil in the Detail - Teaser Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Rival Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Boost Startup Journey" - Turku, December, 2012
- "Startup Sauna Spring Batch 2013 Graduate" - Helsinki, June, 2013
- "Game Connection America Selected Project 2014" - San Francisco, 2014
- "If the choices made in this episode pay off with meaningful, lasting consequences, then The Detail could elevate itself to the same level as The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us."
- Geoff Thew, HardcoreGamer
- "The judgment? This is a must-play."
- Darren Kwok, The AU Review
- "The Detail is a cleverly constructed, creatively presented, and expertly written (episodic) tale taking us into the dark side of crime."
- Dakoda Barker, Impulse Gamer
Team & Repeating
CEO / Co-founder
CTO / Co-founder
Thomas Kight III
Graphics / Co-founder
Audio / Co-founder
Lead Audio Designer
Chief Product Officer